Thursday, October 21, 2010

OUCH! Who Shut The Window?

Winter is coming to SW Colorado. My 6 cats use my bedroom window as a cat door when the weather is nice. Last night we had a nice rain shower with a cool breeze so before I went to bed I shut my window. Well, one of the young kittens, Miss Indy or Zippy smacked the window. I guess they didn't read the memo about the window closing for a while. I really felt bad. Neither of the cats were acting goofier than normal when they came in, so whoever bonked there head was okay.

I have a cat door that lets them into the garage and then into the house. Well, for the last few years, it seems my garage has turned into a poopy pan. I know my cats contribute along with several of the neighborhood cats and strays. So this winter, they are all getting shut out of the garage. I had one of the guys in the bodyshop where I work cut a hole in my metal door and install a new cat door. The cat door is in the middle of the door because I have a severe skunk problem and they have been known to come into the house. I had to put my outdoor picnic table up against the door so the cats can jump up on it and can come in. We had practice the other night. All 6 of them mastered the new door. So when it does turn cold and I have to turn on the heat and close all the windows, they still have a way into the house.

Oh, the things we do for our pets. My cats are my kids, so nothing but the best for them. I even have an electric blanket for there side of the bed. But they still like to snuggle up close to me. Some mornings I get up and wonder if they had beat me up. But they love me.

1 comment: